From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting into TestStand using LabView

Hello,

I have application A which is done in TestStand, and I want to get access to these tabs?

obraz.png

In "File" are two options "Login" and "Logout", I need to choose "File" then "Login" after I see this window:

obraz.png

I need to type "UserName" and "Password" and click buttons. I need do all those things programmatically in LabView, maybe I can do this like VI Server? Someone can help me? I am using LabView 2011 and TestStand 2010.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(3,468 Views)

Using the application manager reference, there should be an available method called "Login". 

Unfortunately I don't have TestStand at the moment so can't show you an example. This method just launches the LoginLogout sequence from the FrontEnd callbacks, exactly the same as when you press login from the file menu.

If I remember rightly, I think the full-featured LabVIEW UI example that ships with Teststand might have login implemented, you can check in there too how it's done. Click if you don't know where to find the example

Ian
LabVIEW since 2012
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(3,429 Views)

Why not make your own FrontEnd Call back without a dialog box, that just login automatically? 

Or why do you need the login to TestStand? 

Are you making a LabVIEW program that test a TestStand sequence? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(3,402 Views)

Something like that, I am making a program in LabVIEW that test program that has a login, logout and message pop up from test stand, like remote controll.

Using Web Server I give to my application written in LabView commands and if I need to connect to .VI then I have no problem but this TestStand part is pain to me ;/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(3,380 Views)

Someone can help me ? I am trying do this few days and still have nothing.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(3,353 Views)

Did you try the suggestions I made before? If that wasn't what you wanted, be more specific about what exactly you want.

Do you want to see the login window just like TS has? Or did you want to make your own? Or do you want to not have the user see the login experience? Each of these has different solutions with various levels of effort..

Ian
LabVIEW since 2012
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(3,343 Views)

I try do what u suggest but i can not login. I just want to Login to application who use login from teststand and I can't get reference from this application, like I want to get CurrentUser and i have this error:

obraz.png

obraz.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(3,341 Views)

I think you need the ApplicationMgr.Start method in your application, otherwise nothing is actually running and there is no engine reference.

I can't remember, but this might actually launch the login process anyway. 

Ian
LabVIEW since 2012
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(3,338 Views)

I am trying something like this, good?obraz.png

because after I run this I have this error:

obraz.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(3,331 Views)

That is the method I was thinking of.

I think someone else is going to have to help, I don't have Teststand right now, so I can't try out anything myself and I'm just going from memory, not easy to remember the order of things etc.

Can I suggest again going to look at the shipping examples of LV user interfaces? I posted about it earlier. They are a great starting point and reference for what methods to use and how to link things together.

Ian
LabVIEW since 2012
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(3,323 Views)