LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Script Error in LabVIEW Help

In LabVIEW 2010 I'm getting a Script Error when I try and Open Example on page Property Node (XML).

See attached PNG file.

What's causing this error?

How can I access the Example?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,237 Views)

I am also getting it when I try and open example on page "Flatten To XML Function".

What is wrong with these XML examples?

How do access these Examples?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,233 Views)

I have no problem opening the example for the flatten function. I don't see an example available for the property node. You're doing a right click and selecting 'Examples' and then clicking on 'Open Example'?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,224 Views)

I am in LabVIEW 2010. If I go to my Block diagram and select a Flatten to XML function with Context Help showing. I then select Detailed Help link. In Detailed Help page I Left mouse button click the Open Example icon. That's when I get the script errror.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,218 Views)

It works just fine for me. Is your help file in the location that the error message lists? Can you launch any examples from the Context Help window?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,210 Views)

@Dennis Knutson wrote:

It works just fine for me. Is your help file in the location that the error message lists? Can you launch any examples from the Context Help window?

I have not moved any of the Help files. They are in their installed locations. I have been able to open other examples until I tried these XML related examples.

Why are the errors recorded a script errors?

If it can not find a file, how can I tel what file and where it is looking?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,207 Views)

You can always do a search in the example finder. Sorry, but I have no idea why some examples can be found but not others.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,201 Views)