LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Datas from a Windows Program

Hello, is there a possibility of importing datas from other programs into LabVIEW,
 if no DDE, no ActiveX, no DLL or others are possible?
Thank you
Olaf Schwandt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,728 Views)

You could use shared memory.  Search the forums for more info' on it. 

Also, although not very efficient, you can do file reads/writes.

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,715 Views)

If you really havn't all of this (that is strange), try to write the file from Windows program (for example, by using Macros), then read this file by LabVIEW-function.

LabVIEW 7.1
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,706 Views)
You might as well use 'system exec.vi' and read standard out put of the other program.

Greetings from Germany!<br>-- <br>Uwe
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,699 Views)
Hello all, first of all thank you for your support. I have still found another possibility to solve my problem and it would be interesting to.
In principle I can determine the data themselves over WMI, particularly BIOS datas. I need the datas for my measuring computer,
in order to be able to react in certain cases.
How it works in i.e. Visual basic I know in principal. But to translate it into LabVIEW it seems very hard for me.  In the special one I dont know how to handle
Set objWMI = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputerName & "\root\cimv2"). _
ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Processor")
in LabVIEW. Is here someone who can help me? I want to use WMI in LabVIEW and the example, I found here is not enogh clear <for me.
Nice greetings from Austria, Olaf
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,687 Views)
You can get to WMI using the .NET node in LabVIEW.  See this thread: 

-Khalid
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,676 Views)

Hello Khalid,

thanks for your reference. It looks really, if this is the right way to using WMI. Unfortunately the programming in the thread was not made ready. So it is not possible for me to reconstruct it in that way, that it runs, particularly this part, witch is the for each loop in the script. Do you or somebody else know, where I can find a complete example?

The second question is, wich reference I have to indicate to use the .NET functionality in LabVIEW?

Thanks for helping me and nice greetings from Austria

Olaf

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,662 Views)

Hallo Olaf,

ich habe Schwierigkeiten, Deine Frage im letzten Post zu verstehen. Wenn Du sie noch einmal auf deutsch und evtl. mit einem Beispiel-VI, in dem Du den Code benutzen willst stellen könntest, würde ich Dir gerne helfen.

Grüße,

Torsten

Torsten
http://topiks.blogs.com/topiks/
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,655 Views)
See the original thread for a test VI: 

-Khalid
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,633 Views)