LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 2d array back from webservice

With the help of the wizard I am trying to get from web service 2d array but I am getting error

see attached file

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,602 Views)

Looking at your picture, it seems that you simply are trying to wire in an array with no data type to a 2D array of strings.  Have you tried changing the control that you are wiring into it to a control of the correct data type?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,589 Views)

Thanks for your reply

The diagram that you saw in the picture was made automatically by the import\webrvice wizard

Later on I tried to fix it by hand but it gave me same result ( right click and create control )

The webservice it self was written with vb.net

When I am pointing on the invoke node I am getting little yellow label that says "string [][] arr"

see the new attach picture

Thanks In advance

Nati

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,582 Views)

I see.  1D array of 1D array is a data type that is used in .Net but cannot be used in LabVIEW.  Do you have access to the original .Net code that wrote the webservice?  You might consider changing this code to avoid the jagged array String()() data type.  From what I understand in VB.net, you can instead make a rectangular array using String(,) which (hopefully) will be understood correctly in LabVIEW.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,559 Views)