cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get ftp files

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to get files from ftp. But I've some problems, all I test doesn't run...

I need to read periodically (each 30 seconds) a folder on ftp server (ftp://192.168.2.100/TRACA) to see if it is avoid or not, and what are he files names (I dont' know them per advance). If I find files, I have to move each file from ftp to local folder (C:\temp).

I hope there are some ftp functions to do it easily with LabVIEW, but I don't find them, or I use a bad syntax.

I work with LabVIEW 2018 SP1 on a Windows 10 Computer.

Thank you per advance for you help!

Francis

Francis M
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,142 Views)

Hello Cisco,

a good starting point is always the Example Finder. You can find it in the Help menu. There you can just open the 'search'- tab and type ftp. Try the shipped example.

Greets, Dave
Message 2 of 6
(1,083 Views)

Hello Dave,

Thank you, but I've checked examples without finding solution… I can' use the function "get file" (wich open the connexion, transfers file and closes connexion) because I need to discover files names; And it doesn't run… 😞

When it will ok, I think be able to copy files, but 've still Nothing find to delete files on ftp after copy...

test ftp.png

Francis M
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,068 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cisco

Did you try the passive mode? I'm sitting behind a Firewall and this forces me to use the passive mode. The List Files- VI has an "Active"- Input too, it should be false then.

Greets, Dave
Message 4 of 6
(1,058 Views)

Thank you, it's much better like this! I can read the files list and do the copy.

test ftp2.png

My last problem is how to delete files on ftp after copy...

Greets,

Francis M
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,050 Views)

I've finally find the delete function, in one of the 3 lvlib of "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 218\vi.lib\FTP" (ftp 1.lvlib).

It's perfectly run, thank you Dave for your help! I post the code if it can help someone...

test ftp3.png

Francis M
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,049 Views)