From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Project LabVIEW Version

Solved!
Go to solution

Lets say I have a random LabVIEW file.  I can use the Get File Type.vi found in the VI.lib to figure out what the file type is.  It could be an Instrument, Control, Project, Library, XControl or a bunch of others.  If it is a VI I can use the Get VI Version invoke node to find what version of LabVIEW it was made with.  If it is a Library I can use the Library.Get File LabVIEW Version to get the version, or if it is a project I can use the Project.Get File LabVIEW Version.

What I find strange, is if I have a VI saved in 2013, and I run the invoke node for reading the LabVIEW version but my development environment is 2011, it will say the VI was made with 2013.  But if I have a project saved in 2013, and use the invoke node to read the version, and my development machine is 2011, I get an error saying File version is later than the current LabVIEW version error 1125.

Is this a bug?  I mean I can read the project file as text and parse it with a XML parser to find the version.  So why does this function choke and die when trying to read newer file versions, but a VI and Library can be read no problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,568 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hooovahh

This was a bug in the "Project.Get File LabVIEW Version" method. It was fixed in LabVIEW 2012.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,543 Views)