Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Labview plugin automatically to view front panel remotely with a browser

hello
regarding remote execution
i am not able to edit the url
where and what  i want do ,help me
i want to edit my ip address ...as this msg refered
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indrajit

| indrajitbarve@gmail.com | indar_indar2005@yahoo.co.in .
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(4,051 Views)
indrajit,

Your remote front panel needs to be hosted from the LabVIEW web server in order to di displayed correctly.  The URL location where it is hosted will depend on the IP address of your computer.  If you wish to change the address, you will need to change the IP address of your computer.  In order to do this, you will need to talk to your IT administrator or change the settings of your router to assign yourself a different IP address on your network.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(4,029 Views)
If you want to use the web-browser to control or just to have the access to your VI on the network target, you have to fulfill the following steps:

1. Ensure that you've configured your remote target to provide access via web-interface. To do this you can refer to this page: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A4915E8E1271951086256B22005C2CAB

2. Install the plug-in for viewing the remote panel.

Once has been installed, LabVIEW creates the following paths:

c:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\8.2\Browser Plugins\Internet Explorer\LV82ActiveXControl.dll
c:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\8.2\Browser Plugins\Mozilla\NPLV82Win32.dll

If you use Mozilla Firefox, you need to copy the library NPLV82Win32.dll to the directory c:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\ and restart this browser. Internet Explorer normally doesn't have the problems with it. But if it is the case, the IE will ask you to install the plugin and will search it in the former directory. Afterwards, you'll get your labview plug-in in the next directory: c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\LV82ActiveXControl.dll

It should be noted that the labview plug-in always need to be used in bundle with LabVIEW Run-Time Engine (RTE) of the same version, so the stand-alone *.dll will not work as a plug-in.
Download the proper RTE version from the NI site http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/fn/p/sn/n23:4.28.5000/

The test has been carried out with and without RTE on IE7 and Mozilla 2.0, LabVIEW 8.2.

Message Edited by Mons on 06-18-2008 08:00 AM
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(3,905 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(3,101 Views)

This past weekend our corporate IT group did one their periodic updates to all site computers and when I came in I found that none of my computers could connect to a cRIO's remote front panel (it worked last Friday). I instead got a message saying that "a plugin is missing". Looking at the list of available plugins, none of the NI plugins appeared (in FF, enter "about:plugins" in the address field) even though they were clearly present in the "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Plugins" folder.  I did a lot of fumbling around and found this link that talked about what to do if the WMP plugin was missing.  In it it said:

"Important: Mozilla/Firefox 21 no longer scans the <installation directory>/plugins folder by default. If you have installed the new WMP plugin and it is not detected, either set the preference plugins.load_appdir_plugins to true in about:config or else move the "plugins" folder into the "browser" folder, located inside the installation directory."

So I entered "about:config" into the address bar of FF,  found the "plugins.load_appdir_plugins" entry,  changed it to TRUE and then when I again checked "about:plugins" again all the NI plugins once again appeared.  I could then use FF to reconnect to my cRIO. 

I report this here in case it might prove useful to someone else (or if I forget what I did and need to re-do it at some future date).

Message 15 of 15
(2,719 Views)