From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

German and Labview NI DAQmx

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using 2014 (32 bit) Labview and am trying to use DAQmx .VIs. However, they are all presented in the German language.  How do I change them to English?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,058 Views)

Did you change your system language to German?  Are these the only things you see in German?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,018 Views)

Did you install german language installer while installation?

You may have to re install LabVIEW for english version., check similar problem and some solution here.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Can-I-change-the-interface-language-from-GER-to-ENG/m-p/824840#M3748...

With Regards

Miraz
Kudos is better option to thank somebody on this forum
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,010 Views)

Did you change your system language to German?  Are these the only things you see in German?

I'm not even sure how to change my "system language" to German. 

Yes, it does seem that the only things that happen to be in German are the .VIs in the DAQmx function palette.  Is there not a option that forces everything within Labview to be turned to English?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,986 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Abviewlay

I discovered that problem wasn't much of an issue with regard to Labview as it was with the individual device drivers.  If a particular pallete of functions for a specific device (e.g. DAQmx in my case) is in a different language that has to do with the driver of the specific device.  Therefore, try reinstalling that driver like I did.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,917 Views)

@Abviewlay wrote:

I discovered that problem wasn't much of an issue with regard to Labview as it was with the individual device drivers.  If a particular pallete of functions for a specific device (e.g. DAQmx in my case) is in a different language that has to do with the driver of the specific device.  Therefore, try reinstalling that driver like I did.

I had the same issue - all VIs in English, but DAQmx and its subVIs were in German.  

I completely uninstalled/reinstalled LabVIEW and the issue persisted.  I'm running LabVIEW 2014 (14.0, 32-bit) on Windows 8 64-bit, and I have another system running the LabVIEW 2014 on Windows 7 64-bit affected by the same issue.  All possible language and region settings on both computers are English (United States).

Abviewlay, I'm not sure which driver you were able to access directly and uninstall.  I was able to fix the issue by downloading the newest standalone DAQmx software (14.5 at time of writing this)

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-14.5/5212/en/

and just let it do a typical installation, over my current software, without uninstalling anything specific.  Everything seems to be fixed now - hope this helps someone else.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,663 Views)