LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating 0 and 1 signal using labview Daq card

Hello,

I’m working on a Project on the On/Off control of a pneumatic cylinder via a 5/2 solenoid valve.

On State: Valve  O/P  1 pushes cylinder  İ/P 1

Value  O/P vents air.

Off State: Valve O/P 2 pushes cylinder  İ/P 2

Value O/P 1 vents air.

By this way we aim to move the clinder forward and back.

We use Labview 9.0. I did not work on pneumatic system before,

I will be happy if you could help me about  2 points.

1)      How can we  enable the On/Off switching  between the 2  O/P’s  of the solenoid ?

2)      How can we enable the timing between On and Off States. ( On: 0-5 seconds Off: 0-5 seconds )

Do we need special code for Standard labview blocks will be OK ?     

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,213 Views)

The valve has one solenoid, right?  You can control it with a simple digital out port on your DAQ card.  You will need a opto-isolator of some type to switch the higher voltage needed for the valve.

For the timing: lookup "timed loops"

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,203 Views)

The digital out are a great place to start, however they are signal lines which means they don't drive a lot of current (~1mA). If your device isn't setup to accept digital signals you may have to use an external transistor to step up your amperage. See the link on here to get started 

Labview can provide all the timing you need. I would search through the shipping examples (Help >> Find Examples) for digital output examples, there should be a bunch and one will probably work for you with just a little modification.

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,174 Views)