cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate digital pulse from Daqmx counter

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have set up a counter so that when i apply an impulse signal to it, it counts up by 1.

I would like to have it so that everytime it recieves an input impulse and counts up by one, i want it to generate a 'logic high' for a short period then go back to 'low'

How would i go about doing this? I want this counter to essentially be my clock and initiate events everytime a count is recieved.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,171 Views)
So I don't understand. When some external clock generates a count you want your daq card to generate a count to something else? Why can't that something else use the clock that triggered the daq in the first place?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,146 Views)

I want to take reading from sensors every time I detect a digital edge.

If I wanted to do this how would I do it without using the counter? I want it to continously detect a digital positive edges, take a reading then wait until the next digital high edge.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,097 Views)

You're looking for triggering.  But, why add the extra component?  Trigger your reading from the external line

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,080 Views)
Is it possible through labview to acquire a sample of the signal on a high edge trigger then stop at a low edge and repeat?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,037 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mikeboxes

Hey mikeboxes,

Here's a old-but-good example of how to do what you're asking:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BA775B0E445BFA79482571FE0032CCEB

Tanner B.
Systems R&D Engineer - Aerospace, Defense, and Government
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,024 Views)
Depending on exactly what you need to do, you have gotten a couple good ideas. In addition, if your cards supports it, you can also generate an event on a digital transition that will trigger an event structure in LabVIEW.

I believe that you can also trigger and clock timed structures from external sources.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,014 Views)

ah yes, this is what I was looking for and is working for my application.

Thanks plenty!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,994 Views)