From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galvanometer Scanner Control Using Labview

Hello all,

I have RC1001 galvanometer scanner with DB25 cable. I am a new LabVIEW user. I don't know how to control a galvanometer scanner using Labview. Also, I need to know the angle of the scanners while rotating and how the scanner will be pointing at different points. Can ayone please provide me any tutorial or something that could help me to operate galvo scanner.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,349 Views)

What are you using as a real time controller?

That might indeed help us help you to configure how you will need to interface your code with the galvo.  And, don't say you want a non-deterministic OS.  You really need one.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,346 Views)

Hello Jay,

I am new in this field. Can you please elaborate a little bit what do you mean by real time controller and why I need this to operate galvo?

I really don't know which type of equipments I need to operate galvo in LabVIEW environment.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,320 Views)

@Nab111 wrote:

Hello Jay,

I am new in this field. Can you please elaborate a little bit what do you mean by real time controller and why I need this to operate galvo?

I really don't know which type of equipments I need to operate galvo in LabVIEW environment.

OK, let us back up and discuss what you have and what you want your system to do.

• You have a RC 1001 galvo head.  This device takes a +/- 15V supply, a 5V Clock and two analog voltages scaled at 0.33V/degree (that's -5V to +5V for the +/-15degree scan angle of each axis
  • You have LabVIEW,  a general programming language that can interface to all sorts of hardware.

What you do not have is any hardware that generates the galvo inputs.   So, we really cannot tell you how to control that hardware nor how to monitor that hardware"s outputs.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,308 Views)

Hello Jay,

I have operated the galvo using Teensy 3.2 and XY2-100 communication protocol. Now I am trying to operate using LabVIEW. Which type of input I can use in this case?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,287 Views)

@Nab111 wrote:

Hello Jay,

I have operated the galvo using Teensy 3.2 and XY2-100 communication protocol. Now I am trying to operate using LabVIEW. Which type of input I can use in this case?

That's a start.  So that Teensy 3.2 manual would contain information on the communication protocol including such things like;

• How is it connected to the PC? <USB, PCIe, GPIB, Printer, wifi> 
  • How are messages to and from the Teensy structured? SCPI, MODBUS, ESL, ZPL, CAN, LIN something cobbled up? 

Did you Read The Manual? I don't have it.  Help us help you!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,269 Views)