LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-USB-HS Error 6 problem with HP 4145A

Hello everyone,

My system: Windows xp, Labview 8.6 and HP 4145A analayzer (SPA) connected to the computer via GPIB-USB-HS interface.

When I try to communicate with the 4145A using Labview I keep getting error code 6, source: HP 4145 send message.

I tried lowering the GPIB communication speed in MAX, but still no success.

Please help,
Thanks,
Kobi 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,308 Views)

Attach your code so someone can see what you are doing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,294 Views)

Hi,

I attached the LLB I'm using.

What I try to do, is to take some measures on my 4145A, and transfer the data using Graphics plot.vi at the attached LLB.

Then I get the Error code 6.

thanks,

Kobi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,277 Views)

I am attaching 2 SPY captures, taken while I was working on the 4145A.

I used MAX for scanning for instruments (none found).

And I used Graphicsplot.vi (from the previous LLB) for trying to retrieve the measurment data from 4145A.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,275 Views)

You should have mentioned that no instruments were found. It does no good to try to run any code until MAX can detect the instrument. Check your cables, addresses, instrument setup.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,266 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I can't find the Instrument in MAX, but the 4145A is very old, and I read that MAX can't find some of the old instruments.

I double checked my configuration and setup, and set everything as the manual ordered.

still no success... 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,250 Views)
Where did you read this? MAX should be able to detect any functioning instrument. Have you tried with a different instrument just to verify the cable and controller?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,239 Views)

I have a same problem.

Max can detect 4145a but it can not communicate.

iberr = EABO 

I set 1000 sec and I tried different I/O time out but I can not make GPIB_USB_HS communicate.

Did you find solution?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,151 Views)

That is not the same error at all since the original poster said the instrument was not found in MAX. What command are you trying to send? Are you using the VISA or GPIB communications in MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,148 Views)

Hi,

The instrument can be seen in the MAX. But when I try to query, its not responding to it and showing iberr = EABO.

Also in the vi file, labview is not communicating with the instrument.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,139 Views)