LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOP Developer 2.0.4 released

Hi Everyone

I've just released GOOP Developer 2.0.4 which resolves an issue with renaming a class under LabVIEW 8.2. For more details on the resolved issue see the following post here

GOOP Developer brings advanced programming techniques, such as inheritance, virtual methods, active objects, super messaging, variant data handling, plug-ins, and more to the LabVIEW development environment. Employing these advanced programming concepts, developers can produce applications in less time, develop more maintainable and extensible systems, and increase productivity in a team environment. Develop in LabVIEW 6.1, 7.0, 7.1, 8.0 or 8.2

A comprehensive set of tutorials is provided to walk you step by step through everything from creating your first class to developing abstracted systems that implement plug-in architectures. All tutorial code is available for download along with examples that contain a suite of useful classes.

The GOOP Template used by GOOP Developer is open source and is covered by the BSD Open Source License, which is an OSI Certified open source license. The great advantage of this license is that it is compatible with both proprietary and open source software licenses, meaning that you can use it in either proprietary software or other open source software. The GOOP Template has already benefited enormously from collaborative development, and it will continue to evolve as an ever growing community of LabVIEW developers interested in Object Oriented Programming contributes to it. The GOOP Template will also be hosted on OpenG.org where continued development will be centrally managed.

The Evaluation version of GOOP Developer is fully featured and you may use it without restriction. I believe this freedom allows you to take your time, commence your project, and appropriately evaluate GOOP Developer. If you believe that using GOOP Developer has reduced your development time and allowed you to build powerful software as I claim it does, you can at that point continue with purchasing the retail version.

GOOP Developer also comes in an academic version which provides the full features of the retail version free of charge for teaching and research purposes.

For more information about GOOP Developer and the open source GOOP Template please visit:

www.sciware.com.au
Kurt Friday
www.sciware.com.au
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,058 Views)

Hi, I am trying to find out some information about the GOOP Developer and Template.  I checked out the web-site but didn't see general information or a description of the product.

I am always interested in finding new tools but was just curious about the details before I installed it.  Could you provide a general description or a link to a description.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,966 Views)

Sorry, I guess I didn't look closely enough to find this: http://www.sciware.com.au/goopdeveloper/index.html  If there is more out there let me know.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,963 Views)
The user manual and tutorial is very comprehensive and walks you step buy step from getting started on your first class up to building active objects that implement inheritance and plug-in architectures. All tutorial code is also downloadable from my site if you get stuck, the link is provided in the tutorial.

You can also download a set of example classes and demo systems from the GOOP Developer page, this will help you to see how you can apply OOP to the real world with LabVIEW using GOOP Developer.

If you have any questions please contact me via my forum, this post or my contact page.

Kurt Friday
www.sciware.com.au
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,943 Views)