From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function call case sensitive problem

Trying to get a C-wrapper working, and noticed an error on some of the functions:

"Function call not found in library", although it is in the .dll library.  There are a mix of functions starting with lower case, some with upper case.  I went ahead and changed the complaint function from lower case to upper case (just the first letter), reloaded the VI, and all of the sudden everything worked fine.  I went and changed all of the functions to lower case (first letter only) thinking that they all needed to be consistent, and a few more trouble functions showed up.

Note that this .dll works well in my externall C++ code (unit test cases show no issues) regardless of lower or upper case.

This is in LabVIEW 2010 SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,057 Views)

Hi dre,

I see you're trying to use c-wrapper and that you're getting a library error. Thank you for noting that it works in C++ code. I'm glad that you got it to work fine by changing the case of the first letter, although that's an interesting problem. 

I'm curious to know what other trouble functions are coming up with this. I've found a knowledgebase article that might be helpful with how you're calling this function. It talks about issues with the function name not matching function call namse and also some troubleshooting steps.

Hope this helps!! 

Lea D.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,033 Views)