LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuction Gnerator or frquency response anlyser

Hello , Friends

I am a student doing my master's in Germany. Presently I am in my Thesis stage. My thesis topic is to measure the impedance of an electrochemical cell. So I set up everything potentiometer, a wave generator, and systems and required software. Unfortunately, my function generator (sine wave generator) hardware is not working. We need waves in a range of 0Hz to MHz. Finally, we found the only solution is creating function generator VI in Labview but my LabVIEW knowledge is limited I tried many things but nothing is working. please help me to create a VI of a function generator.

Note: I have DAQ device NI USB 6008

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(843 Views)

@rayanphilp wrote:

Hello , Friends

I am a student doing my master's in Germany. Presently I am in my Thesis stage. My thesis topic is to measure the impedance of an electrochemical cell. So I set up everything potentiometer, a wave generator, and systems and required software. Unfortunately, my function generator (sine wave generator) hardware is not working. We need waves in a range of 0Hz to MHz. Finally, we found the only solution is creating function generator VI in Labview but my LabVIEW knowledge is limited I tried many things but nothing is working. please help me to create a VI of a function generator.

Well creating a Function generator program is one thing, but what about your hardware? 

Your USB 6008 analog output is rated: Maximum update rate 150 Hz, software-timed 

If you need output from DC-1(?)Mhz you are going to need some specialized hardware and/or some wideband amplifiers.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(799 Views)

Hi rayanphilp,

@rayanphilp wrote:

We need waves in a range of 0Hz to MHz.

As a master student preparing for thesis you should be able to read datasheets. (You should also be able to write proper subject lines…)

Did you read the datasheet of your USB6008?

All you will get from that cheap DAQ hardware is a sample rate of <=150Hz, with only "software timing" available!

@rayanphilp wrote:

Unfortunately, my function generator (sine wave generator) hardware is not working.

What's wrong with your sine wave generator?

@rayanphilp wrote:

Finally, we found the only solution is creating function generator VI in Labview but my LabVIEW knowledge is limited I tried many things but nothing is working. please help me to create a VI of a function generator.

LabVIEW comes with a huge example library, and there are examples on signal generation and on DAQ AO handling…

Btw. who is "we"? Don't you write your thesis on your own?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(797 Views)