LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ftp error 221

Hi all,

When trying to FTP a file to another computer in the network using LabVIEW 2011, I had Error 221 in my log file, Error Detail: 221, Error Message: 221 Goodbye. I could not found any useful info online. Could somebody give me some hints how to fix it?

Thanks in advance. Cong.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(9,666 Views)

Are you able to use a program such as FileZilla on the same PC as the LabVIEW program to do the FTP? You might find that you have a problemt here as well. If not then you know it is a LabVIEW problem and not some other issue.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(9,661 Views)

Error 221 is "Service closing control connection". This implies you are not doing something correctly when connecting. How are you doing the ftp? Are you using the Internet toolkit? Some other API, like .NET? Manually using TCP/IP functions?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(9,658 Views)

Resurrecting becaue I have the same "error" actually it is a warning, not an error for me and all data transactions appear to work fine...

The wiki linked in the post prior to this one shows that codes in the "2xx" range are "Positive Completion reply The requested action has been successfully completed. A new request may be initiated."

I just find it interesting that it shows up on the error cluster even as a "warning" since this seems to be the expected, positive end to an FTP session?

I will just filter out this warning code unless someone can give more details on why this should never be seen?

the session is using the NI FTP vi's with "active" set to "False".

QFang
-------------
CLD LabVIEW 7.1 to 2016
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(9,194 Views)