LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrations with x axis time scaling in LabVIEW 6.1

I seem to be having a lot of trouble getting a waveform chart to display a simple time axis in LabVIEW 6.1 (under Windows 2000 or targeted RT environment). The NI example "Real-Time Chart.vi" seems to run as advertised, but when I slavishly copy the same wiring and front panel objects to my own vi, I can't get x axis start time and increment parameters set properly. The property node elements for x axis range seem to be different in my environment than those in the example vi. Is this because the example was developed under an older version of LabVIEW? Anyway, the attached vi is an example of what I think should work, but doesn't in my system. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,882 Views)
You should be using the XScale:Range:Offset and Multiplier:Offset for the start time and XScale:Range:Offset and Multiplier:Multiplier. Look again at the example you mention. It uses these and not Range:Start and Range:Increment.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,882 Views)
Oops. Thanks. For some reason I was looking for the offset/multiplier property under x axis range and didn't see it lower down in the menu.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,882 Views)

Hi,

I'm doing something similiar, transmitting waveforms through serial port to labview and I'm encountering the same problems. I'm using labview 8.0 and I do not the have "real-time" chart.vi. I've tried scaling through range increment,minimum,maximum,multiplier but it doesnt seem to work. the signal appears when it has a low frequency but produces compressed signals when i transmit higher frequency signals. How do i solve tis problem?

Regards,

Gerard

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,693 Views)