LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FrontMost window

Hello everyone,

I've a small (big) problem. I've developped a software that when it starts, opens another application (not labview developed).
But i need my application window to be active in a certain moment. Because I use a PS2 scanner that writes in one indicator. And if the window it's not active, i can't  focus the indicator and the scanner wont write the indicator.

i've an approach to the problem, working in my laptop. but when I try the same executable in another PC (with runtime installed) it doesn't work.
The vi that activates the window it's in attach.

it's related with windows (mine it's XP, labview 8.2.1)?
Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,141 Views)

Hello Jorge,

I have downlaod your VI, but he inclue a SubVI can you add it to this post ?

With an Exe you need copy all referenced file (DLL, html file, VI call dinamically)

Have you try to create a Installer ?, with a installer you can add different file to deploy it on the target PC.

I think, the on the target cpmputer, it miss file for execute you application.

Regards,

Christophe S.
Account Manager East of France І Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer І National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,105 Views)
Hello again,

In attach it's an .llb with the necessary files.

Then, you say that I need to add dinamically Dll's and other files. In this case, I'm using the "user32.dll". Do you think that I've to add it dinamically?
Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,087 Views)

Hello,

Sorry, but there is no llb on your post Smiley Sad

If your DLL are call dinamically (by a property node, ActiveX) yes you need to add it.

You can add it, even if there aren't call dinamically.

Regards,

Christophe S.
Account Manager East of France І Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer І National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,059 Views)
Hello Christophe,

Thanks for you quick reply.

I've another way of doing my window active. This time, only with the vi in the "winutil.llb" from NI (see the attached pic).

Now the application it's working, but you think that it's should really be necessary dinamically? Isn't already  on the hierarchy?

Till now, I've some other cases where the missing "dinamic vi" cause me most time loss... For example, when working with the "report generation". Is it a quick way of finding all the vi's needs? Is it in NI topics of problems to solve?

Any way... Thanks for you help. You solved my problem!

Best regards
Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,050 Views)

Jorge,

Can you please back-save the Winutil32.llb for LV 7.1 & repost here ?

Or, anybody from NI...

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 6 of 9
(3,034 Views)
Sorry... But I can't do that. I've installed only labview 8.2, so I can't save to labview 7.x version.
Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,027 Views)

Thank you tst !

I ve said it with stars. Smiley Wink

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 9 of 9
(2,999 Views)