LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front paneltoo cluttered

Hi,

I have quite a lot of information to get onto the front panel of my VI and I don't want to have to scroll to be able to see it. I notice that the front panel of the VI appearing on the front cover of the LabVIEW 6 user manual has tabs at the top for selecting different front panels windows and I feel this might be a way of making the information on the screen clearer. I would like to know where I can find more information about doing this (is there an example VI) and how easy is it? I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks, Adrian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,577 Views)
Adrian,
I believe that the tab control is your solution. In fact NI put those in after numerous user requests. I have not looked for and example but there may be one.
Using the tabs is pretty easy, just drop one and start adding the controls to the appropriate page. This does not really add any code to the diagram, but is simply a way to clean up the front panel. You can however use the case structure to add some functionality to the tabs. You can probably update your current front panel, but be aware that if auto grow is on you may cover some controls.
Kevin Kent
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,577 Views)
In addition to Kevin's answer I can provide a simple tab example VI. Tabs for the front panel can be found under the Dialog controls. Hope this helps. /Mikael
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,577 Views)
There are two type of Tabs. You can select tabs from "Array & Cluster" and "Dialog Controls".

Use the tab from "Array & Cluster" for your main application. You can't change the color and other properties of a "Dialog Tab".
www.vartortech.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,577 Views)
Thanks for that information! So far in my LV 6i programs I have only been using tabs in dialogs. I never noticed the other type. /Mikael
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,577 Views)