LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Panel problem

Hi All,
I am using LabVIEW 6.1. I make an exe of program and deploy it to the customer.
Resolution of my screen is 1024 X 768. There are 2 VIs running simultaneously and calling different sub VIs at a time. I set the size of the Sub VIs using Panel Bound option. And also set the property "Front Panel is top most"  to "True" to make it on the top of all the remaning running VIs. I can't make these subvis Modal because either of these 2 subVIs needs user input depends on condition. 
While running in my system either through LabVIEW or from exe everything works fine. All the calling sub VIs come proper on the screen with proper panel bound. But running the same to the customer end this sub VIs get minimised and not comming on the screen properly. The resolution of the screen at the customer end also 1024 X 768.
Does any one have solution for this?
Thanks in advance.

LabVIEW_Vish
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,509 Views)

Hi ,

With respect to your problem, visit this link and hope this helps....http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=185773.

One more important thing is to create an installer(Runtime Engine) while creating an application and installing this installer where ever that application is run, even if there is already a runtime engine present. I think this is something to do with the file paths in the LV initialization file.

Regards,

Mohan.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,475 Views)

Thanks for the reply, but it is not exactly related to my question.

I make my installer with runtime engine and deploying with applicaiton. Application doesn't have any problem with font or overlapping of the lables. It basically overlap the windows. (see attachment.) Mainscreen.vi is the Main vi. Part1.vi is dynamically called vi from Mainscreen.vi. Part2.vi is a subvi of Part1.vi. Neither of these Vis are modal. More of Property "Set to forntmost" of Part2.vi is set "True" then also it goes on the back side of the mainscreen vi. In few computers it is working fine in few it is creating problem. (As shown in picture.) Mainscreen.vi is streched down to show the result.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,452 Views)
Did you define the Window Behaviour as Floating in the Window Appearance Custom properties dialog or using a property node?

Paolo
Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,448 Views)