LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Panel activeX Object

Is it possible to use the front panel in an automation server? I want to pass only the front panel from one vi to another vi. I don't want to use subpanels.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,129 Views)

Your question is not clear. LabVIEW itself can act as an ActiveX server, and you can configure an application to be an ActiveX server through the build properties. What do you mean by "pass only the front panel from one VI to another"? This is not clear at all.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,103 Views)

Like when u load a vi in a subpanel, the front panel from one vi shows in another vi. But if u run that vi, that's loaded in the subpanel, simultaneously.

First: Those 2 vi's are not connected and will not update eachother. And your runtime will complain the vi is already in memory.

Second: I only want to copy/put the objects from a front panel onto some container/box from another vi (dynamically). And when the vi close its front panel objects get disposed on the other vi.

I can't find anything that only holds the controls. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,099 Views)

@JoVMo wrote:

Like when u load a vi in a subpanel, the front panel from one vi shows in another vi. But if u run that vi, that's loaded in the subpanel, simultaneously.

First: Those 2 vi's are not connected and will not update eachother. And your runtime will complain the vi is already in memory.

I don't understand what your issue is here. You've made a couple of vague statements, but not a "I want to do this, but can't".

Second: I only want to copy/put the objects from a front panel onto some container/box from another vi (dynamically). And when the vi close its front panel objects get disposed on the other vi.

I can't find anything that only holds the controls. 

There is nothing like that.

I still don't understand what you are trying to accomplish.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,093 Views)

I think the concept is called "Embedded Panels in a vi". So that a panel with objects can be embedded in anothers vi front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,079 Views)