LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Panel Window Loading Completely Transparant

Hi all,

I have a very strange problem.

When I load my VI the entire front panel window will load transparent. I can move to the block diagram via Ctrl+E and can view that with no problems.

If I move the mouse around the front panel window, then the cursor changes accordingly and I can interact with objects. I can run the VI but the front panel window remains transparent and I can just see the desktop.

Any Ideas? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,729 Views)

Has it always been this way?  What OS are you running?  What version of LabVIEW are you running?  This is one time that a picture would be helpful ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,661 Views)

I would guess that this happens only when the vi is running. Go to the vi File -> VI Properties -> Window Appearance. Press the "Customize ..." button and verify if the "Window runs transparently" checkbox is checked and what to what transparency % it is set.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,654 Views)

This happened only today. Without any changes to the VI.

LabVIEW 2014 32 bit

Windows 7 64 bit

And it is literally that the front panel window is completely transparent, including the File, Edit, View... bar. Again you can click them, it is like the object is there but it just isn't rendering.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,651 Views)

unfortunately this is also the case when the VI is not running. Everything is transparent. I can see the windows box, but everything else including the File, Edit View... toolbar is transparent. I can interact with everything. But I just can't see it.

The objects are there but for some reason not rendering in windows.

I tried your suggestion anyway. transparency is at 0%.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,650 Views)

Is it just this one VI? If it is could you attach it?

if it is this one VI it might also be best in the long run to just copy the BD code to another VI.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,627 Views)

If possible posting your vi would be helpful. Does the front panel has any container? dotNet? ActiveX? Does your vi use third party application?

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,591 Views)