LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Panel Bank of Switches and related indicators

Solved!
Go to solution

I am designing a test system.  I would like a bank of switches on the from panel to turn individual test cases on/off.  I've figured out how to do that.  And I can do individual banks for the indicator (pass/fail) LEDs and the numeric test result field.  But, I'd like to tie them all together.  I'm  guessing I should start by using a cluster rather than an array.  But how to I get the various banks to act as a single group?

As I have it so far, I have a back of switches and a bank of indicators (of switch status) for just playing around.  The indicators do not line up with the switches. I'd like a 1-to-1 correspondence for the operator's ease of use.  When I use "properties" to expand the indicator bank, it won't take the number.  It is internally limited somehow.

DH

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,767 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dark Hollow

How about an array of clusters? Easy to use and easy to look at, all lined up.

ArrofClus.png

Richard

Message 2 of 6
(2,748 Views)

I'm looking at that angle.  I've got a cluster with two arrays.  But that doesn't feel quite right.

Looks like you created an array of clusters instead of a cluster of arrays.  I'll play with that.  Certainly makes more sense.  I just haven't been able to do it.

DH

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,745 Views)

I've got an array of clusters now.  Much better, but not there yet.

In the example provided, all of the indicators are labeled "T1".  I have the same issue with my implementation.  Change one label and it changes them all.  I would like to see "T1, T2, T3, ..." but cannot find a way to do that.  Also, I'd like each type in the cluster to be labeled at the head of the row or column on the front panel.  I can do this by brute force (just create a text field and plop it next to the array.  But I figure there has to be a more elegant solution.  One that ties the pieces together.

Any thoughts?

DH

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,737 Views)

Put another element in that cluster that is a string control or indicator.  You can even color it transparent if you want it to disappear and just look like a label.

Then when you build the cluster, you can put a different text string in each element of the array.

Message 5 of 6
(2,735 Views)

DH,

Why don't you post what you have or mock-up what you want with individual controls and maybe one of us can help better?

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,726 Views)