LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Panel 3D Plot Object will not load

Hello Everyone,

I'm having a problem on a particular PC in our lab where, when I attempt to place the 3D graphing object, it does not appear on the front panel. The associated subVI objects appear in the block diagram but if I try to right click and select "Find Indicator" I see a grayed out sillouhette on the front panel with the text something like "cannot load object". I'm guessing this is an ActiveX issue (?). I am able to run on other PCs in our lab. Just wondering if anyone has a solution for this? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,140 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for posting to the NI Discussion Forums.  I agree with you, this does sound a lot like an ActiveX issue.  The issue likely came from the installation of your version of LabVIEW on your lab computer.  Which version of LabVIEW are you working with, and are they the same versions on both computers?  I have heard of this happening before from users who did not install LabVIEW as an administrator – the activex objects do not get registered and therefore cannot run. You might consider uninstalling LabVIEW, and reinstalling (as an admin) and testing it again.  It could also be related to some security settings on your computer.  Check that activex containment is allowed by any sort of security software on your computer.  Hopefully this will fix the issue – if not please let us know!

Travis M
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,125 Views)