LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula Node - text does not line wrap in LabVIEW 2011

Solved!
Go to solution

I recently updated a general purpose control system vi from LabVIEW 8.0 to LabVIEW 2011.  In the previous version, the text of the Formula Node (the actual expressions) automatically wrapped where it hit the boundary of the box.  It does not do this in LabVIEW 2011.  

Although I can turn on scroll bars, my boss would prefer to see the text on multiple lines, as before.

Is there any way to force text wrap?

Failing that, can Carriage Returns be entered arbitrarily without affecting the parsing of the expressions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,187 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wildcatherder

Shift+Enter will put you on a new line just as if word wrap occurred.

As far as just using the Enter key, and if it effects a formula, why not give it a try? I don't think CR's can be placed.

Richard

Message 2 of 6
(3,182 Views)

Thank you for your quick response.  I passed the news on to my boss and he can do further testing.  It sounds like SHIFT-ENTER does LINEFEED rather than CARRIAGE RETURN-LINEFEED, which is just what is required.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,172 Views)

Its not working even with **bleep**+enter, 😞

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,036 Views)

Consider creating intermediate variables representing the parts of the equation.

This allows short expressions to fit in the window.

Viz:

float t1, t2,num,den; /* where t1, t2 are the first and second terms of the (num) numerator, etc.*/
t1=y_low * x_hi;
t2=y_hi * x_low;
num= t1 - t2;
den=x_hi - x_low;
b_i= num/den;

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,697 Views)

Thanks.  If I were still working on that project nine years later, that would be a good, if unnecessarily complex workaround.

Message 6 of 6
(1,690 Views)