From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting String for Excel

Kenny, what is the trick for getting the picture to show up in the post as opposed to attaching it?
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(2,023 Views)
Thanks I'll give it a try after I find out if I am allowed to install these libraries on the network. Do these libraries change anything fundamental to Labview or just add sub VI's? I'll have to download from sourceforge because the Nifty link is only for version 8.2 and the computer I am using only has 7.1. I'll be working on this tomorrow, I appreciate the help. I hope it works.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(2,020 Views)
They are just extra utilities which get put in the user.lib directory, there are no changes to the LabVIEW VIs.  The openg libraries are really handy.

Downloading from sourceforge is fine, it is what I had to do when I was using 7.1 also! Smiley Happy
The only problem is you have to manually download about twenty zip files and then put them in your user.lib directory (or actually anywhere you want to if you are doing it manually, this is where they get installed to if you use the VI package manager). Also, I am not sure if they come with proper menu files for the palettes, but it is well worth the download.

Kudos to all those who have put hard work into the openg libraries!
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(2,016 Views)
To get the picture in the post, you attach the picture as you normally would, and then submit the post.  After you submit th epost, you go and edit the post, rightclick on the attachment, and copy the link.  Then using the "Insert an Image" icon above the editor, you add in the url to the picture.
Kenny

Message 14 of 21
(2,005 Views)
Thanks Kenny, I hadn't thought of that!
(seems like jumping through hoops though Smiley Tongue)
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,989 Views)

Hi there m8,

I have a question for you. im aquiring data and saving it to an excel tdms file with several sheets, but i would like to make my 1st sheet to save some information introduced by the user like name of the operator, datastamp of the start of the operation and end, numeric data, model of the equipment,etc. is it possible to save like a header sheet with string and numeric information from controls? if so how.

complements,

asnaev

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(1,313 Views)

Do you have the Report Generation Toolkit by any chance? This would be simplest and easiest way to do this, as there are plenty of shipping examples that come with LabVIEW. I would also recommend posting this question in a new thread in the LabVIEW forum so that all the forum users will be able to assist you.

dK
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(1,287 Views)

Hi there dan,

I dont have the toolkit, that's why i ask this. only got student edition :(... as for making new posts im having a problem in that matter now, send report to NI so they could help me but no answer untill now. If u have some idea on how i can solve the problem from my previous post say plz. By now i manage to save that data on a tdms that exists, but i save to the same sheet and i want to make a new sheet with that info. Cant seem to find the right way till now. i will add the vi just in case

Thx anyway

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,281 Views)

Have you looked at some of the examples that ship with LabVIEW? There is a "Write TDMS File.vi" example that will show you how to do create a header sheet in the excel file. The example can be found from LabVIEW by going to Help » Find Examples. With the NI Example Finder open, navigate to Fundamentals » File Input and Output » Write to TDMS File.vi . This example will create a TDMS file and even open the TDMS File Viewer at the end. You can choose where to save the TDMS file and upon opening it in excel you will see the header information sheet and the signal value sheet. To add your own header information to the dynamic data type, look into the Get Dynamic Data Attributes and Set Dynamic Data Attributes functions. I hope that this helps!

dK
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(1,265 Views)

Hi

I created a while loop and the values should store in the decimal Array for each iteration. But the decimal array is not fetching any data but the read buffer is getting pls find the attachement

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,217 Views)