From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format

Hello Friends

In what Format datas are stored in the Labview.Likewise Icon,Text format Etc.

Jayavel
Jayavel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,884 Views)

Hi Javavel,

data is stored in exactly the format you have programmed in your data-write routines Smiley Wink

If that is not the answer to your question you should rephrase the question...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 10
(2,872 Views)

Hello Friend

I need for example:In one vi i given the passwords and all where it  is stored in the system and what format that file will be stored in system.

Jayavel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,861 Views)

Hi Javavel,

just look into the block diagram to see where the data gets stored and which format is used for saving Smiley Wink

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 4 of 10
(2,852 Views)

Hello GerdW

I asked in VI Properties i gave the passwords and all.In that passwords where it is stored in the system and what file format it should be saved . I asked default national instruments passwords and all

Jayavel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,839 Views)

Hi Javavel,

ok, you asked for the password that is used to protect the [blockdiagram of the] vi...

The "encryption" used for vi protection isn't made public by NI. It's their internal information.

I guess:

- the password isn't written anywhere on your computer

- the password may be embedded in the vi itself

- most probably NI only uses the password to generate a key and this key is probably written into the vi

(There surely is some little information in the context help of LabView!)

When the goal is to unprotect vi where the password is unknown: You are [most probably] out of luck.

Either you "crack" the vi by guessing the password or you might ask NI to unprotect the vi - if you can prove that it is your own vi (which in turn is throwing the questions "Why did you forget your password? and "Why is there no unprotected backup?")

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 6 of 10
(2,836 Views)

Hello GerdW

I didnt do that VI.One of my collegeue did that VI.But now he is expired.So now i m handling that one.So i have to unlock the code .How to unlock the code.Can u give ur suggestions to unlock.Thanks

Jayavel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,822 Views)

Hi Jayavel,

did you read my last message? Is there anything more to add?

(Ok, except: try to contact your ex-collegue!)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,798 Views)
Have a look at this very recent thread on the same subject.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,793 Views)

jack001 wrote:

Hello GerdW

I didn't do that VI. One of my colleague did that VI. But now he is expired. So now I m handling that one. So I have to unlock the code. How to unlock the code. Can u give ur suggestions to unlock. Thanks

GerdW wrote:

Hi Jayavel,

did you read my last message? Is there anything more to add?

(Ok, except: try to contact your ex-colleague!)

If his ex-colleague expired like he said, he is going to have a hard time contacting him.  Maybe he can hold a seance.  Perhaps a Ouija board can divine what the password is.Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,770 Views)