From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For single notification send, I am receiving notification continuously. why?

Hi all,

Initially I created 4 notifiers and formed an array of notifier references. 

And there are two loops running in parallel.

1. Send Notification loop - When 'Send' button is pressed, a notification is sent in the corresponding notifier(One among the 4 notifier)

2. Receive Notifcation loop - this loop checks for notification in all the 4 notifiers and display the data when a notification is received.

In the Send Notification loop, I sent one notification using one of the notifier references. But in the Receive Notification loop, I am continuosly receiving the same notification for multiple times. For single notification send, I am receiving notification continuously.

This problem occurs only while using an array of notifiers. 

I have attached the sample vi.

Thanks in advance.

Raja

(LabVIEW 8.2, Windows XP) 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,757 Views)

If you are constantly listening to different arrays (as you do inside the for-loop), the 'latest' notification will be continously resetted, so listen to multiple notifier, use the 'Wait on multiple' notifier function:

This function returns an array of the notifiers that didn't time out.

Ton

Message Edited by TonP on 06-29-2009 04:35 PM
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 2 of 5
(2,741 Views)

This doesn't explain your current situation.

But perhaps you should be looking at "Wait on Notification from Multiple".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,740 Views)

Hi Ton,

Thank you for your reply. Now its working fine with 'Wait on Mulitple' notifier function.

But I don't understant that if I send a single notification, how I receive multiple notifications. With single Notifier, if I send one notification, I receive only one notification. In the same way, it has to work with multiple notifiers. ie, if I send single notification through one of the multiple notifiers, I should recieve only one notification in the corresponding notifier alone. Then why I am receiving multiple notification for single notification send?Smiley Sad

If my understanding of notifier is wrong, please correct me.

Thanks

Raja

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,693 Views)

Since you have a single 'Wait on Notifier' node inside the for loop, every iteration LabVIEW noticies that it gets a new notifier reference, when a new notifier reference is provided LabVIEW will reset the previous notifier time.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,681 Views)