From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fonts not correct after installing LabView on new computer

Solved!
Go to solution

I have just received a new computer and installed LabView 2010 (same version as on my old computer).

On the new computer, it seams as all fonts, on the front panels and on the block diagrams, are too big. See attached images of the same VI opened on the two computers. My old computer runs Windows XP and the new computer Windows 7.

What could it be? It would be a lot of work for me to manually correct the fonts.

Windows 7Windows XP

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,900 Views)

read e.g. this.

Seems the link there is broken, It should point to this document. I see if I can get it corrected.

Message 2 of 7
(3,891 Views)

Thanks altenbach for you answer

This seems to be more than just a porting issue. It seems to be problems with the font in the development environment itself as well. The application attached in my previous post is an example delivered together with LabView. Do other Windows 7 users experience the same behavior?

Windows 7.PNGwindows xp 2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,870 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Terje

If you don't define a specific font for your panel, the "application font" used by LabVIEW is whatever is set for the windows theme.

Obviously, the two machines differ here.

I agree that fonts are one of the weak points of LabVIEW, so if you feel the same way, vote for a few related ideas:

Message 4 of 7
(3,859 Views)

Thanks altenbach, you pointed me to the solution.

If anyone else experience this issue, it is solved by changing the font size in Windows

font.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,836 Views)

Not just font size comes into play here, but also the system font is different on an XP vs. a Vista or Win7 computer.

Take a look at this link.

Message 6 of 7
(3,816 Views)

How Labview handle fonts is very awkward and clumsy. It is really annoying. I have tried to get some answers from NI why they have done it this way. I have contacted NI support about this. But all I get is some automated answers how to get around this problem. Thanks but I already knew that. It would be nice if someone from NI could comment on why they do not bother to do anything about this. As it has been a problem dating back to the windows 3.11 days.  

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,797 Views)