cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fluke 7340/6330 LABVIEW drivers

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey guys, how's it going?

I am having problems finding the LABVIEW drivers for the FLUKE 7340 (and/or 6330. These are Compact temperature Calibration baths, which we use here in the company! Would any of you have developed any type of driver for this or know where I can find it? I have looked up on both Fluke and NI's website and couldn't find it.  Or perhaps you guys know/have any ideas on how to get these baths talking to LABVIEW!
Here's a link to the baths' webpage: https://us.flukecal.com/products/temperature-calibration/calibration-baths/compact-calibration-baths...

That would be extremely helpful!! I have not been able to establish this connection at all so far 😞

Thank you in advance for the help! 

Message 1 of 5
(2,738 Views)

Hi guy,

I have not been able to establish this connection at all so far 😞

What have you tried so far?

How are these baths connected to your computer? Which interface do you use?

Did you read the user/programming manual? What does it say about remote control from computer?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,707 Views)

Hello,

Like I said in my question, I am connecting the bath to the computer via a RS-232 cable (serial interface).
What I have tried was to see if DAQ Assistant would recognize it all or use some of the VISA VI's available, but LabView just won't read it (I don't  know if I am just doing something wrong or what not).

As for the user manual, it only explains how to connect and program it through text-based languages, using interfaces such as PuTTY or Hyper Terminal. 

I guess what you could help me on is on how to make LABVIEW "talk" to the baths starting from zero. I know that I need a read VI, as well as configurations to the VISA resource name and serial configurations (like baud rate), but  to be honest I am relatively new to labview so I am struggling when identifying all the necessary VI's to make the device "talk" to labview.

Thank you for the answer!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,693 Views)

Hi Carvallo,

Like I said in my question, I am connecting the bath to the computer via a RS-232 cable (serial interface).

Did you?

What I have tried was to see if DAQ Assistant would recognize it all

DAQmx does not handle serial communications…

As for the user manual, it only explains how to connect and program it through text-based languages, using interfaces such as PuTTY or Hyper Terminal.

That's what you need…

I know that I need a read VI, as well as configurations to the VISA resource name and serial configurations (like baud rate), but to be honest I am relatively new to labview

When you are new to LabVIEW you should take the training offered in the header of this LabVIEW board - and examine the example VIs coming with LabVIEW.

There are also examples for VISARead/Write…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,688 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author L_Carvalho

Suggestions:

1. Check the baud rate, start at 9600

2. Check parity and stop bits (N81)

3. Check the computer/terminal setting or use a null modem cable

4. Use the VISA Test Panel -> Input/Output in MAX (under Devices and Interfaces) to send *IDN?\r\n

5. Try the Example "Continuous Serial Write and Read.vi"

6. I used GPIB on my Fluke because I could not get the serial port or ethernet to work correctly.  Constant timeout errors (Fluke says there is a 1ms timeout set in firmware! Stupid...)

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
Message 5 of 5
(2,681 Views)