From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fluke 2640 - 2645 NetDAQ and Labview

I am thinking about purchasing a Fluke 2640 or 2645, however I can't find Labview drivers for it. It uses didtributed NetDAQ via ethernet and I am surprised to not find any drivers for these units. Does anyone have any experience with these units with Labview?

ThanksSmiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(10,710 Views)
See this post. If you don't find drivers on NI's site, always check with the manufacturer. Often, some will not give them to NI for distribution.
Message 2 of 14
(10,706 Views)

Thanks for the quick response. I have downloaded these drivers, however I get an error message saying that these vi's have been built with LabVIEW 4.0.2 and are to old to open with my LabVIEW 7.1.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(10,703 Views)
Go ahead and attach the VIs. The forum usually gets requests to save a newer version to an older one but someone here can probably open them and save them to something you can open.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(10,700 Views)

Hey Guys,

I just found this on the Fluke site:  Read the top header of the readme file below.  You have to log on the Fluke site to download the files.

Download the "FL268x" drivers for the Fluke 2680, which will work with the 2640A & 2645A NetDAQ boxes.  It states the drivers are written in 6.1 and this may work better than the older driver from 1999.  I have not tried it yet.

Go Here: http://us.fluke.com/usen/support/software/DataUpgrade.htm

Read Me for LabVIEW Driver for the Fluke 2680 Series

"FL268x" is a LabVIEW 6.1 driver for the Fluke 2680A Data Acquisition System
and 2686A Data Logging System.  This "FL268x" driver also supports the Fluke
NetDAQ model 2640A and 2645A Data Acquisition Units.

The "FL268x" driver was written for LabVIEW 6.1 on Windows XP, Windows 2000,
Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 98.  Windows NT 4.0 requires WinNT Service Pack 6;
Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 is recommended for Windows 2000.

Braincramp

Message 5 of 14
(10,542 Views)
Wanted to cross-link this thread with the other major thread on this topic of Fluke NetDAQ datalogger gear to LabVIEW with drivers.
(FLUKE 2640A / 2645A / 2680)

click HERE to see the other postings.  All good info.

Braincramp
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(10,540 Views)
I just received bad news from Fluke / Everett WA. (John Morton) saying there LabVIEW developer has quit the company recently.  This zip file compatable drivers, was sent direct from Fluke and will open with LabVIEW v8.6.1. I have the drivers installed and want to measure a couple thermocouples for a start.  Anyone get that far writing code with these drivers?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(9,270 Views)

A technician in our lab is trying to get the lastest Fluke driver to work with a 2640 NetDAQ.  There is an example buried in the library file. The example is not well documented and is not cooperating with any of our NetDAQ's.  He is still struggling with it. 

We could really use a strighforward example (the supplied example seems straightforward enough) that opens communications and, at the very least, allows us to spy a channel. If anyone has had any luck with this driver, please post a successful example.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(9,218 Views)
I found a readme file that might lend some light into this conversation.  I have been trying to get the newest versions of LabVIEW (8.6) to work with these old Fluke NetDAQ drivers, like everyone else have had no success.  The readme file tells us that these Fluke drivers were written when LabVIEW v6.1 was released.  I believe it is the most current drivers out there (fl268x).  I do not have a copy of LabVIEW v6.1 and need to investigate how to obtain it.  I will also try v7.0 a version I do have archived and see if that will work.  I have my doubts.  If anyone has gotten these files to work with v6.1 please continue this thread.  Good luck!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(9,115 Views)

Novica & Alabama Rick,

There is example code in the 268x package from Fluke that will execute.

If you can spy on a channel, you have successfully established communication.

Not sure what else you are trying to do, but if you are talking to the box, it's a good start.

All the links in all the threads and cross threads in this discussion should give you everything you need.

Also, read the attached document here may be some more help for you... I posted this in another threadYou may want to read this as depending on the age of your NetDAQ box, sometimes there are firmware issues with the box and not a Labview issue which can cause you to problems.

Additionally, make sure you get the correct code/driver package from Fluke since the 264x, and the Hydra's are totally different animals.

Good luck!

B.C.

Message 10 of 14
(9,092 Views)