From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash memory card data checking, how do to Folders/files comparison in Labview?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I need to Check and verify the data which is stored in a Flash memory card, sience I have a Good Flash Card contant, I hv to write a VI to check Suspected Bad Flash Card data against Good Flash memory Card data,  I am using List Folder function, output of List Folder is compared with the constant string data which contains the folder and files name (since I know the content of Good card). 

Is ther any other methods to compare data/files/folders, like CRC check for whole data..any Leads, Ideas? please help me out.

Thanks in Advance,

Ravikumar C

Ravikumar.C
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,106 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ravikumar.C

The File I/O palette has a function for performing an MD5 on a file.  If you want to detect the validity of a set of files, what if you had a list of md5s, and files, and then performed a check to see if all files on have the expected MD5.  Of course you'll need to take a baseline of known good files, and MD5s.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,103 Views)

How to perform MD5 on Good Data, if possible can you please explain this concept with a VI.  many thanks..

Ravikumar.C
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,098 Views)

Sure, attached is a quick example.  This uses a 3rd party program called ExactFile found here.

http://www.exactfile.com/

With it you can make a single file, that describes the MD5s of files and files in folders, then use that single file to verify that the files are what you expect.

The zip contains a couple batch files.  One for making the .md5 file, one for verifying the files are all there and good.  I also made a VI which calls the batch file showing how it can work from LabVIEW.

Message 4 of 4
(2,093 Views)