LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding the algorithm LabVIEW uses for a math function (generalized eigenvalue)

Is there a resource that I could look at to see what algorithm LabVIEW uses for a typical math function? In this case, I am interested in the generalized eigenvalue VI, if I click on it it tells me it uses file "lvanlys.*" with the function name "int32_t GenEigenEx_head(const void *A, const void *B, int32_t otype, void *Eigenvalues, void *Eigenvectors);" but I would like to know what method this uses to solve the eigenvalue problem. Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,687 Views)

I would not expect a company to release the internal algorithms they use to provide useful functions (like a generalized eigenvalue VI) for its users.  In the present case, since "generalized eigenvalues" are not part of NI's core business, they probably used algorithms from an available library of advanced mathematical functions (a couple of decades ago, when I was doing more of my own low-level analysis, I used to know the names of several such packages, but now I just use LabVIEW, or, vary rarely, Mathematica or Matlab or MathCad or Maple, who don't always give you all the details, either ...).

You can do a Web search, and find articles to read ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,618 Views)

LabVIEW makes extensive use of the Intel Math kernel library (Intel MKL), so do a google search containing these terms. 

Message 3 of 3
(1,607 Views)