LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find & replace property nodes of Ring control with Listbox control

I have used Ring control as dropdown menu to select one item from roughly about 10 items. Ring control shows one item visibly at a time. So I wanted to show all 10 items in one shot and select any one, I have changed Ring control to Listbox control. In Block diagram based on some criteria I made some of the Ring Control disabled during run time in state machine cases.

Is there a way to find and replace all ring conrtol property nodes in one shot with listbox control?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,325 Views)

Not that I know about, if a property node is linked to a control and you the change the type of this control (e.g. replace a ring with a listbox) then the property nodes/invoke nodes tahtt were linked will be broken and will have to be relinked one by one.

I think you'd have less to do if you had generic property node to whch you pass the control ref, this way, changing a control type, the ref would follow and all the properties that are common to both type (previous type and new type) would not be broken, I believe.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,323 Views)

Yes I agree & I understand. Passing reference is the only possible way it seems.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,301 Views)

It could be done with scripting, but unless the number of property nodes is very large, it wouldn't be worth the effort.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,284 Views)

Im not aware of scripting. How is that can be done? In current project I've started linking the ring with listbox. Would like to learn that scripting aspect. Let me check whether help files are available.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,279 Views)