From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Current Operating System (LabVIEW 2011)

I'm running into an issue trying to find out the current OS... I'm running LV2011 on Windows 64bit Professional and I'm getting "Windows95/NT" back, any ideas why am I not getting "Windows x64" back instead?

OS.png

Please advise,

<<-N->>

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,403 Views)

@&lt;&lt; - N - &gt;&gt; wrote:

I'm running into an issue trying to find out the current OS... I'm running LV2011 on Windows 64bit Professional and I'm getting "Windows95/NT" back, any ideas why am I not getting "Windows x64" back instead? 

I see the same things and only get "Windows x64" using 64bit LabVIEW. I guess 32 bit LabVIEW runs on on wow64 which looks like a 32 bit OS to the application.

Just guessing... 😉 I am sure somebody else will have a more definite answer.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,387 Views)

As Christian said, LV 32 bit will always report it is running on a 32-bit OS.

If you are just trying to determine if you are on a 64-bit OS, then you need to check two things.  The architecture, and WOW64.  Look at this post.  The ZIP file I posted includes two files in the WINAPI directory.  One checks for WOW64 and the other checks for architecture.  If you know you will always be running 32-bit LabVIEW, then you can just check for WOW64.  If you might update the code to LV 64 bit at some point, you will also want to look at the architecture, because 64-bit LabVIEW will not report it is running WOW64.

Look at the last post in the threa di linked for further instructions as to the VIs to use to determine if you are running on a 64-bit OS.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,370 Views)

I've asked a similar question before.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,360 Views)