From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering VISA read buffer string using Filter(Express VI)

I have a problem sending VISA read buffer strings to an filter express VI. That aside, i also have problems sending the same buffer read strings into a part of our code that can calculate heart rate. A constant value of "-Inf" is always being displayed. Chart values are from 0-1023. Any attempts to use feedback nodes/shift register cause the VI to timeout (memory issues?). Please help! Regards, Love Labview
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,184 Views)

I'm having a problem driving my car.  See how vague that sounds?

State specifically what issues you are having, and upload the broken code, too.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,167 Views)

Oops that must have sounded silly 😕 Ok i've uploaded multiple approaches we tried to use. For some reason the read buffer from the Visa Read won't interact with our calculations 😞 Thanks a many!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,138 Views)

Hi nooboist,

please get your VISA read clear: who told you to use a "data bits" property node in your code? It's plain wrong!

You have the TermChar enabled so use VISARead with a sufficient big constant (like "99") as byte count to read!

- There are better ways to build a file path. Use file path functions!

- There are better ways to build an array: use BuildArray!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,118 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I have disabled the TermChar and changed the property to read no of bytes at port. Allow me to explain a little the GUI. When I run the code, the information will be saved to a file in which data will be appended to the existing file. 

I am getting a PPG waveform signal and I would like to insert a digital filter in the code. However, adding a bandpass filter screws up signal. Without the filter, the code seems to be unable to process the signal as well to achieve a heart beat calculation even though the conversions look like they could work. Attached is the new VI. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Sincerely

Nooboist

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,102 Views)

Hi Nooboist,

can you supply typical measurement data? Best would be a graph containing typical data set to default…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,028 Views)