From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter

hello, I am using the DMM 4065, the measurent are the resistence, but the resistence is low resistance, and it have variation in mili ohms, for example, the first measurement is 0.180 ohms, the second 0.184 .......0.181.......  and i need that the measurement to be constant. and I don´t know what filter i can to use.  

the labview 2016, win 7 32 bits

tanks..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,045 Views)

One of the only things worse than posting a picture of your code instead of the VI itself is to post a Word Document with a Picture of your code!  Post the VI!

One of the easiest and simplest low pass filters is an Average.  Take 10 (or 100) measurements and use the average.  If you want to make sure that you didn't get a "spike" in the middle, compute the variance and reject the measurements if the variance is too large.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,029 Views)

tank for your answer  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,019 Views)

Here is the "filter" --

Take 10 (or 100) measurements and use the average.  If you want to make sure that you didn't get a "spike" in the middle, compute the variance and reject the measurements if the variance is too large.

If you know how to take a measurement, you should know how to take 10 measurements (you can take them every millisecond, or every 10 milliseconds, or every once in a while, it's up to you).  Do you know the word "average"?  If you have 10 measurements (I hope you have them in an Array), do you know how to get the Average?  Do you know about Variance and/or Standard Deviation?

If this is too taxing, you can look in the Mathematics Palette under Probability and Statistics.

If you can move a Word Document from one PC to another, you can move a VI.  

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,997 Views)