From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FilesAnywhere API

I'm trying to create an automated tool to communicate with the web site Files Anywhere.  I downloaded information on their API which uses a web service to connect to api.filesanywhere.com and use SOAP commands.  I am using the HTTP Client VIs in LabVIEW 2011 SP1.  When I send a POST command I keep getting error 63 which states "LabVIEW:  The network connection was refused by the server."  I'm thinking this is an error at the TCP level.

I admit that I am completely new to HTTP, so I could be doing something really stupid.  For proprietary reasons, I can't post any of my code right now.  But it is a very simple Open Client, write some header data, POST a command, Close Client.

Anybody out there have any experience with trying to connect to Files Anywhere?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,424 Views)

For first you need a valid header.

Try  use a a new browser like firefox, that comes embeded developer tools, and monitor the network traffic.

With the developer window opened enable Network and Log Request and Response Bodies

Put the address that you want on the address bar press enter and catch a valid header, not refused.

This is the first step, a valid header to send.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,383 Views)

Is it possible that you need to be using HTTPS, and not HTTP? I don't know if the HTTP Client VIs support HTTPS, but if the FilesAnywhere API requires a secure connection, that could explain the error (the two protocols generallly use different ports).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,373 Views)

I believe you can pay a little extra to get access directly via SFTP rather than using their API.  That makes things much, much easier.

Then you can use WinSCPs recently added .NET/COM interface to handle the connection and file transfers without having to do any command line stuff.  If you use the 5.2.X beta branch of WinSCP you can even get file transfer progress.

I don't think I can post any example code showing exactly how to do all of this, but I would gladly help if you run into problems.

Edit: You might also check to make sure that you can log in using the website still.  I think they are fairly quick to block access (accounts maybe?) after a few failed attempts.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,362 Views)