LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File data transfer from R&S ZVA/B to controller PC via GPIB

Solved!
Go to solution

I am attempting to transfer data from a file (any file e.g. text file, ascii etc) located on a R&S ZVA/B to my control PC via GPIB and using Labview. The ZVB group of driver Vis contains one called "RSZVB Bin Data To File From Instrument.vi" has anyone used this? I assume it can read data as a binary stream and this can be converted back to ascii etc in Labview. There seems to be no instructions on what the command syntax for the string variable input "Query ("")" needs to be. I am assuming the Query("") string variable input port needs a SCPI command with the ZVA drive and filename tacked on as the argument, but having read through the R&S ZVA manual I cannot find a SCPI command that looks like it will do this.

Alternatively has anyone else has success transferring .txt or similar file contents from a ZVA/B via GPIB? I found an example for a keysight analyser but driling down into it the SCPI command does not seem to be supported on the ZVA/Bs (at least its not in the R&S ZVA manual). Any help gratefully received.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,518 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ct73

After a bit of head scratching and some digging I have worked out how to do this. No need for any responses on this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,484 Views)

Hi ct37

This is quite a niche question, and i don't know how widespread this driver is. 

Personal i have no experience with this set of VIs, so my best suggestion would be to contact R&S directly. 

https://www.rohde-schwarz.com/uk/contact_63733.html

Hopefully they can be of more assistance.  

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,482 Views)

Glad to hear it. 

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,481 Views)

What did you end up doing? I am having the same question. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(535 Views)