From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File and Folder in Hebrew

I'm using the List Folder Names VI to list folders below a specific one.
When the folders are in Hebrew I'm getting Question marks instead of the expected folder name string.

Pls help me to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,178 Views)

The function simply returns ASCII values (224 or 128 for א and so on, depending on which code page was used to create the folder name). The problem is probably in the display. You should make sure that the indicator uses a font which has Hebrew characters. Also, if you're on Windows, go into the region and language settings in the control panel and set non-Unicode programs to display Hebrew.

If you do have Hebrew set up, then it's possible that the folder names were created on a computer which uses the other code page. I think there are options for setting up which code page to use, but the easiest option is probably to take any ASCII value larger than 128 and add or subtract 96. You can do this by using String to Byte Array, changing the values in the array and then using Byte Array to String.

(2,168 Views)

Thanks a lot.Setting non-Unicode programs to display Hebrew in the region and language settings and choosing font using Hebrew characters (David) I have got right writing in my indicator on Front Panel.

Simple genious solution !!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,132 Views)