Solved!
Go to solution

how do i get rid of File Dialog Function no Longer Support Datalog Files?"

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,308 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 0164650276

Ummm.. could you repeat your question please? With a little better explanation? As it is, I have no idea whether you're asking if it does support it, or whether you're complaining that it doesn't, which I don't understand, since the File Dialog is just for selecting files. Are you aware of the Datalog functions?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,305 Views)

This is the problem promp out. 
Anyone can help me out ? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,292 Views)

NI issue.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,287 Views)

I am assuming you accidentally clicked the "Mark as Solution" button ...

That screenshot indicates you actually have a warning, not an error.

I am also assuming you are upgrading old code, such as code from LabVIEW 6 or somewhere around then. At that time the File Dialog had a "datalog" input. The File Dialog VI no longer has that. If you are dealing with datalog files you should update your code to use the explicit Datalog file functions in the File I/O -> Advanced File Functions -> Datalog.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,261 Views)

Hi, knight of NI. basically i also having the same problem. my code is exactly extract from someone who used labview 6.1 version and tried on my labview 8.6 version.

according to your method to solve this issue, i cant find where is the file i/o located at. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,248 Views)

this is the print screen of the program function that we are going to use for measurement.Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,247 Views)

@0164650276 wrote:

according to your method to solve this issue, i cant find where is the file i/o located at.

I had given you the path for them. See attached screenshot. Did you look in the LabVIEW Help?

this is the print screen of the program function that we are going to use for measurement.

What is the front panel supposed to show me? It doesn't say anything about the actual code that you are using.

I'm not sure what your question is now. As I noted, the File Dialog doesn't have the datalog input anymore, so you have to change the code to use the Datalog functions. The LabVIEW Help has a page on reading from datalog files: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361E-01/lvhowto/reading_datalog_files/

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,202 Views)

Hi. Can you help me to check the code?

Here is the file that I'm using

labview

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,186 Views)

Why would you use some odd hosting site. Just attach the VI. Clicking on 'Add Attachment' should be pretty obvious.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,182 Views)