LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few Queries on Calling Excel in LabVIEW

1. When  calling Excel Using Automation Open, and Giving Visible as False its works Perfectly in my development PC but when i am using the same code in My Lab PC its Physically opens the Excel which i dont recommend.

Only Difference i see is my PC RAM is 32GB whereas the Lab PC is having 16 GB

OpenExcel.png

Selected only a part of code from the actual code so error in the PICTURE

2. Assume i need to select a column in my excel i cab click the Top of column and Do any action particular to that column like the same i need to do programmatically without providing  range Selection (Cell1 and Cell 2)

LabVIEW Version 2015

Thanks in advance

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,572 Views)

If you have access to the Report Generation Toolkit, working with Excel becomes very easy (as opposed to moderately challenging).  In particular, you can choose to make a New Report (Excel) in Normal or Minimized mode.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,523 Views)

1. Are you using the same Office version on the lab PC? Is the development code installed or are you using an executable?

2. You must provide a range selection to select a column but you don't need to write values in Cell1 and Cell2, if you set Cell1 to F:F the sixth column will be selected.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,521 Views)

@ ben  officve verrsion is same in both the PC's and the problem is in Development Environment later i need to call as Run time Adopter Module in TestStand

Thanks that i can able to select a whole column.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,494 Views)