LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error when installing LabView 8.5

I encounter a fatal error when I attempt to install LabView 8.5. The error that occurs has the following in its details:
".\UberInstaller.cpp(1871): IInstallerError 10014
Fatal Error. A failure has occurred in NISystemInfo.
CoLoadLibrary failed on C:\lv8.5\bin\NISysInf.dll"
  • I am installing from a system that previously had LabView 8.2 installed, however everything was uninstalled before I began installing the new version.
  • No hardware is connected in my computer.
  • I copied the files from the DVD to my harddrive and am still failing to install it from there.
  • The disc should be fine as my supervisor had used the same disc to install on his computer. ( our licence allows this )
Any help would be appreciated.

Attatched is a screenshot of the error.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,762 Views)

Hi Paul567,

I'm sorry to hear LabVIEW isn't installing properly.  It looks like you have been working on this issue with several NI Engineers over the phone.  Once it is resolved, I'm sure the community would appreciate hearing the solution. 

Jennifer R.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,742 Views)
Well the issue got resolved however I'm not too sure as to what the fix was.

The installer I was using came from a DVD, but we also had several CDs. I tried installing from one of the CDs and I got past the point of failure, however I cancelled the install, restarted the computer, disabled the anti-virus and tried again from the DVD and it installed without any problems.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,717 Views)
I'm glad to hear LabVIEW is installed now.  Thanks for the update!
Jennifer R.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,710 Views)
Hi everybody, I read the solution for Mr Paul567 , and I make what you said but unfortunately the problem hasn't been resolved . Please I want solution fo this. With My Best Regards
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,506 Views)
Is this for the same version as Paul567?  What steps have you tired so far?  Did you have previous versions of LabVIEW on your computer?
Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,473 Views)

IInstallerError 10014 

I searched for and found the same error in this forum that I am experiencing. I am trying to install the NI Switch Executive and the install fails every time. This is a fresh install and I am not running any antivirus s/w. It is a DVD copy of the Switch Executive s/w. Has there been any conclusive explanation as to what is happening with this? I have included a .jpg of the error. Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,324 Views)
I solved my install problem. There was the Symantec "File Autoprotect" turned on. Once I found that out and turned it off, the installation completed without any problems.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,321 Views)