LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facon Svr

Hi all

I was working the DDE (dynamic data exchange) Vi's......... I have a DDE server working "facon Server " . I was trying it to link it to Labview but it keeps giving me error " LabVIEW:  A client's attempt to establish a conversation has failed " .

From internet search I came acros the facon Server DDE notions document which i hav attached . I also did the same thing using excel , which is working fine. but with labivew I am gettin the error.

I have attached the Vi and jpeg of error , alsoo a reference document for Facon Svr.

regards

Regards
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,598 Views)

http://www.fatek.com/Download Page/English/Fatek_Server/

above is a link to the reference files for the facon server.

regards

Regards
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,594 Views)

also while going through I came acros to use the Facon Svr as Active X . But I am not sure how to use it . attached is a reference document for Active X

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,585 Views)

nolsqn, 

I'm not very familiar with DDE nor Facon servers.  But I'm curious why you aren't using Datasockets?  It maybe beneficial to test and see if you can connect to the server using this NI utility?

Any more information you could provide me with could help me figure your issue out.  

Allie F.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,553 Views)

Hi Allie ...

I donot know much about DataSockets . Although i did read tht DDE is no more supported by LAbview rather Active X should be used .. but i would be glad if you let me know how datasocket can be helpful ..

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,544 Views)

nolsqn,

DataSockets is free programming technology that National Instruments developed to allow for easy data transfer over many different protocols (DSTP, OPC, LOOKOUT, HTTP, FTP, and local file access). It should allow you to communicate with your Facon Server.

Tutorial: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3224 

Is this the kind of application you are looking for?

Allie F.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,508 Views)