LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTDI FT2232H CPU FIFO

Hello to all

I'm currently working with a PIC32 connected to a FT2232H device, to implement USB communication.

I'm using the PIC32 PMP(Parallel master port) to communicate with the FT2232H using the CPU FIFO communication. I'm using the D2xx functions for labview, and have already a small program assembled. My problem is that I cannot read data from the FT2232H device, but on special circumstances.

Using the FT_Read function I can only read data if the PIC constantly keeps sending data over the PMP port. In the labview side I can read the amount of data I want. But if I try to send per example 1000 bytes to the FT2232H and then stop the PMP, the program on labview crashes!!!

On the other side, I can write the amount of data that I want to the FT2232H and read on the PIC side using also the PMP, without any crashes.

I've been trying to understand why this keeps happening, It´s the first time that I use the FT2232H, and also the .dll functions on labview. I´ve also tried with the VISA drivers, but happens the same thing.

For the examples that I've seen around the internet, it is only necessary to use the FT_Read function to successfully read data from the device, doesn´t

matter the data size.

In CPU FIFO the FT2232H only have 4 control signals that I´m aware of: A0, #CS, WR# and RD#. I´ve included in my program the Set_DTR and Set_RTS functions, this is the only way that FT_Get_Queue_Status appears to work. Why???? I don´t know since the RTS and DTR signals are used in other types of communication, not in CPU FIFO.

I´ve attached my labview files, if anyone could help me I would appreciate

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,281 Views)

Here is the project

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,280 Views)

Can you share PIC code?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,098 Views)