From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA

Hello other LabView  users.

We are a group of student engineers from Denmark. We have some problems with controlling our MyRIO, especially error with the FPGA. We were handed over a program we have not made, but we cant run it.
We are getting the errors seen in the attached files.

Can someone help?

Best regards
Niels

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,002 Views)

Hey Niels,

two of the VI contain functions not supported by the target: you need to rewrite those VIs. (Most probably your myRIO doesn't support any Dialogs because it doesn't support a monitor screen at all!)

Your mainVI has a problem with its OpenFPGAReference function. Attach your project (as ZIP) to get more specific help…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(2,000 Views)

Thank you for the quick respons.

I have attached the program now. As u cas see its quite big and i have zero experince using labview. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,996 Views)

Hi Niels,

As u cas see its quite big

That project isn't "big".

and i have zero experince using labview. 

Then you should learn LabVIEW, then learn about RT systems like your myRIO and as 3rd step learn about FPGA programming (with LabVIEW).

Lots of stuff to learn! (See the Training section in the header of this LabVIEW board?)

When your teacher gave you this job then you need to do your homework. I admit it is quite a lot of homework…

On your project:

- I don't have the myRIO toolkit installed and so miss a lot of those myRIO related subVIs.

- LabVIEW claims I need to recompile the FPGA bitfile.

- There is no PC ("My computer") host VI in the project.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 4
(1,982 Views)