cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA only acquires positive part of signal

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I have the NI USB-7855R and using the Balanced IO Example DAQ Personality (http://www.ni.com/example/5961/en/). I connected my Agilent waveform generator to AI0 (in RSE mode) and I have the following problems:

1) Waveform graph in LabVIEW is only diplaying the positive part of the sine wave I am supplying to the board (clipping at 0 V). Only by offsetting the signal on the waveform generator I am able to obtain both cycles.

2) While I am outputting 5 Vpp on the waveform generator, on the waveform graph in LabVIEW I am only seeing 1.5 mVp.

Any suggestions on what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance or your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,457 Views)

Anyone? I just uploaded the project file, however I have removed the digital part and counters part of the example personality VI, as I don't need them.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,412 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nde88

The first graph 'analog input' in your link shows the analog inputs being converted to unsigned integers (U32) before passing to the FPGA->Host FIFO. Obviously negative values will be lost making this conversion.

Message 3 of 5
(3,375 Views)

Thanks, what you are saying makes sense, but I can't see exactly where that is implemented?

By the way I right-clicked on "AI FIFO" within the project, and changed the data type from U32 to signed FXP, but I did not see a difference.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,236 Views)

OK, I just realized that the conversion occured in the bitfile VI. I removed the U32 conversion bit and now it all works as it's supposed to! Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
(3,217 Views)