LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA compilation crashes with LabVIEW 7.1

Hi,

I'm targeting NI-PXI-7831R <compile only>.  My embedded project manager is opened and I click on the "build" icon.  The "Generating Intermediate Files" window appears and then "LabVIEW Development System has encountered a problem and needs to close..."  window appears.  At this point, it didn't get to the compilation, it crashed generating the intermediate files.

When this happens, I delete the content of:
C:\NIFPGA11\clntTmp
C:\NIFPGA11\srvrTmp
and it usually works, but not all the time!

I uninstalled LabVIEW from this computer and removed any files left in all directories.  Then I reinstalled LabVIEW.  But the problem is still there.
It happens with other FPGA projects we have here (we have about 10 differents).  And it happens on more than one computer.

However, if I open the FPGA project (still targetting NI-PXI-7831R <compile only>), open the FPGA top level VI and click "run", it will compile successfully!

Anyone else got that problem?
Does anyone has an explaination for that?

Thanks,

Patrick.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,729 Views)
pabr,
I have tried the reproduce the problem but without any success. I was wondering what version of LabVIEW and LV FPGA you are using.

Ame G.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,710 Views)

Hi Ame,

we are using the bundle of CD from August 2005, that's LabVIEW 7.1 and FPGA 1.1.0.  It doesn't do that all the time.  Just on some projects and on some computers.  For example, project C was compiling ok on computer 1.  Then started to crash.  But it is still compiling ok on computer 2.  But I had the same problem for another project on another computer.

Thanks!

Patrick.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,705 Views)

did you check to see if you've got bad memory in that PC?
sometimes the system will be pseudo-stable until you get it
doing a big compile job....
i experienced this once with gcc under Linux

mlewis

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,654 Views)