LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA I/O Node Control

Good morning;

I'm trying to do that:

I can chose the I/O node of FPGA, and I want to do this for changing the node in host odf my sb-RIO, but I'm obtaining an error, and I can't compile the FPGA and this control doesn't appear in read/write block of .vi in rt main.

I'm using sb-RIO 9651.

Could anybody help me please?

And, Do anybody know how to change the name of the nodes, I want to rename them.

Thanks so much.

ionode.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,750 Views)

Hi,

If you right click on the FPGA I/O In control, you can choose "Configure I/O Type..." from either the front panel or the block diagram.

Then, you need to select the appropriate methods for the type of IO you expect. This can be done by choosing one of the existing connectors on the "I/O Items" list then selecting it and clicking "Replace All" in the middle section.

You can additionally remove ControlTypes from the right hand side, but I haven't yet had to use it. Perhaps if you want to allow a wider range of inputs, this could be useful.

To rename the nodes, right click on the connector in your Project file, and choose "Rename", or left click to select and then hit F2 (the same as a VI).

Good luck!

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,737 Views)

I have never tried this, but I have a feeling that this will not be possible. I base that on the assumption that the FPGA compiler will need to know which IO to route where at compile time.

A possible work around would be to read all of the available IO in a loop, then have a selector that is controlled from RT which decides which read IO value to pass on into the rest of the FPGA code.

As for renaming the IO nodes, you would usually do this in the project in the right click context menu.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,735 Views)