From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Connect to Compile Server

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm just trying to write my code to my Spartan 3E FPGA. I've been moved to a different computer so I've tried to install the proper tools...LabView 2010, the LabView 2010 FPGA module, and the driver for the Xlinix Spartan board I'm using. (running 32 bit windows XP)

Everything seems functional up until the point when I try to compile the code on my device. Apparently it 'can't connect to the compile server' and/or 'the compilation tools are not installed on this machine.' I thought that all that is needed to compile is included in module download.

Is there some obivous piece I am missing? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,754 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lelle

Hi Lelle,

I had the same problem fairly recently. It's very important that all of the right software and drivers are installed in order for everything to function as expected. It sounds like although you've installed the correct driver for the Xilinx board, you may not have installed the Xilinx Compilation Tools for your FPGA. For the Spartan 3E FPGA, I reccommend downloading Xilinx Tools 12.4. This will allow your computer to compile the FPGA bitfiles for your specific FPGA module.

Regards, 

Alex Thomas, University of Manchester School of EEE LabVIEW Ambassador (CLAD)

Message 2 of 5
(2,727 Views)

If you are using LabVIEW 2010, you will need the Xilinx 11.5 tools instead of 12.4.

Donovan
Message 3 of 5
(2,718 Views)

Yes, I had an older version of Xilinx running, I installed 11.5 and now it's able to compile. 

thanks !

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,706 Views)

Hi again,

Well, this evening I got moved again to a different machine. I'm really getting kicked around here.

Anyway, now I'm on a laptop running 32 bit Vista. And the only thing I seem to lack now is a Xilinx USB driver that can run in Vista.

using the same setup as before, LabView 2010, Spartan FPGA driver, Xilinx 11.5.

I'm looking around for it but maybe one of you out there knows exactly were I need to look?

thanks again in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,696 Views)